UAS is excited to host our Halloween Costume Contest and Social! We'll be giving out close to $700 in Amazon Gift Cards during the Social, and this will be a fun and safe way for us to celebrate Halloween together. Here are some more details:
- Costumes can be creative, funny, or scary, anything you want (as long as it's appropriate)!
- Solo, couples, and group costumes will all be accepted. However, everyone participating must be a UAS member in order to be eligible to win our prizes.
- Costume contest pictures must be emailed to Pablo Ruiz Tobaruela, our Social Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by this Thursday, October 29th at 11:59 pm. The photo and costume must be from this year. To ensure this, we are requiring that in the photo submission, someone is holding up a piece of paper with the title of the costume written on it.
- The winners of the Contest will be determined during the Social. The prizes are as follows: $250 for 1st place, $150 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place.
- The Social will take place on Friday, October 30th from 5 - 7 pm.
- All of the costume submissions will be shared at the start, and then attendees will have a chance to vote on the winners. Anyone is allowed to attend, regardless if they are a UAS member or not, so be sure to bring your friends!
- The Social will also have a "Game Night" portion, during which we will be playing Kahoot, Among Us, and more— and we will be giving away $175 worth of Amazon Gift Cards to Game Night winners (only UAS members are eligible to win, but everyone is welcome to play)!
The UAS Board can't wait to celebrate Halloween with everyone!
May the best costume win.
The Department of Economics will be hosting a Panel of Women in Economics, which brings together three women within the fields of Data, Finance, and Consulting. Students are invited to come hear about their individual experiences, career paths, and learn more about careers related to Economics.
Please see details attached and RSVP to attend here. The Panel takes place this Thursday, 10/22, from 5 - 6 pm.
UAS is excited to announce that we are holding a Halloween Costume Contest! All current UAS members can participate, and the top 3 costumes will be awarded prizes of up to $250.
- Costumes can be creative, funny, or scary, anything you want (as long as it’s appropriate)!
- Solo, couples, and group costumes will be accepted, but everyone participating must be a UAS member in order to be eligible to win our prizes.
- Costume pictures must be emailed to email@example.com by 10/29 at 11:59 pm. The photo and costume must be from this year— to ensure this, someone must hold up a piece of paper with the title of the costume on it.
The winners will be determined at our Halloween Social, which will take place over Zoom on Friday, 10/30 at 5 pm. Attendees will have the opportunity to vote for the winners. More details about the Social are coming soon!
UAS Board is so excited to see everyone’s costumes!
Please see the following email from Deloitte about their virtual fall series. It's a great opportunity to learn more about Deloitte and its culture as the recruiting season continues!
Do you wonder how Deloitte navigates through challenges in this ever-changing environment? Would you like to hear from our Well-Being & Inclusion leaders? Or perhaps learn some Tips & Tricks for Virtual Networking?
We’d like to invite you to our Discover Deloitte virtual series. This series will include four events throughout the fall that will introduce you to Deloitte and our culture. You will have the opportunity to meet our leaders and hear about our priorities as an organization! These events are intended for all students regardless of where you are in the recruiting life cycle. There will be students from Los Angeles as well as across the country, coming together to learn about Deloitte and a career in professional services.
Please see below for our scheduled sessions and use the RSVP links to secure your spot.
We hope you’re able to join us! Should you have any questions or require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developing A Culture of Resilience
The Fall semester is not what anyone anticipated, but it isn’t the first major disruption our country has faced. Hear from the host of our Resilient podcast and Chief Marketing Officer, Mike Kearney, on how Deloitte and our clients respond to disruption.
Tuesday, Oct. 13 - 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM PST (RSVP here)
Submit your questions for Mike here!
Let’s Talk Diversity, Equity & Inclusion!
Join us for a coffee chat with Kavitha Prabhakar, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Officer. During this chat, we will discuss Deloitte’s commitment to foster an inclusive environment.
Wednesday, Oct. 28 – 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM PST (RSVP here)
Submit your questions for Kavitha here!
Let’s Talk Well-Being!
Jen Fisher, Chief Well-Being Officer, will be hosting a coffee chat to discuss the importance of well-being and taking care of yourself during these uncertain times.
Thursday, Nov. 5 - 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM PST (RSVP here)
Submit your questions for Jen here!
Tips and Tricks for Virtual Networking
Virtual recruiting is an unchartered territory! During this session, we will provide tips on all things virtual networking from a recruiter’s point of view.
Wednesday, Nov. 11 – 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM PST (RSVP here)
Submit your questions for our recruiting team here!
Want to learn more about careers in finance? Join Career Connection Friday, October 9 as they kick-off their fall series, Finance Fridays. They will host a series of casual conversations with Gaucho alumni and professionals working in various sectors of finance throughout the quarter.
Opportunities for working within the finance field are vast, with a multitude of specialties to choose from. Join to hear from Gauchos as they share their professional experiences and give students insight on how to become successful in finance after graduating from UCSB.
The open sessions will be followed by Q&A providing an opportunity to ask questions in an informal setting.