KPMG is inviting you to participate in their KPMG Ideation Challenge (KIC). It's a great opportunity to work with other students and find innovative solutions for complex business issues! Their information session is this upcoming Monday, 11/2, at 1 pm, for anyone interested in participating to learn more about the program/requirements to be eligible. See the attachment below to learn more and to RSVP to the info session!
EY is inviting you to participate in The EY Challenge, one of their major events post-Fall recruiting season! It is a series of workshops that include competitive group activities, thinking challenges, and case students to get students ready for Spring recruiting.
Eligible students are sophomores or students three years away from graduating, interested in pursuing a 2022 internship in Audit, Tax & Consulting in the Spring recruiting season. The deadline to apply is November 18th, but spots are limited so apply ASAP! If you have any questions, definitely reach out to Maddie (Maddie.C.Mohr@ey.com) or Hanna (Hanna.Murphy@ey.com), and see the PDF attached for more details + how to register.
UAS is excited to host our Halloween Costume Contest and Social! We'll be giving out close to $700 in Amazon Gift Cards during the Social, and this will be a fun and safe way for us to celebrate Halloween together. Here are some more details:
- Costumes can be creative, funny, or scary, anything you want (as long as it's appropriate)!
- Solo, couples, and group costumes will all be accepted. However, everyone participating must be a UAS member in order to be eligible to win our prizes.
- Costume contest pictures must be emailed to Pablo Ruiz Tobaruela, our Social Director, at email@example.com by this Thursday, October 29th at 11:59 pm. The photo and costume must be from this year. To ensure this, we are requiring that in the photo submission, someone is holding up a piece of paper with the title of the costume written on it.
- The winners of the Contest will be determined during the Social. The prizes are as follows: $250 for 1st place, $150 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place.
- The Social will take place on Friday, October 30th from 5 - 7 pm.
- All of the costume submissions will be shared at the start, and then attendees will have a chance to vote on the winners. Anyone is allowed to attend, regardless if they are a UAS member or not, so be sure to bring your friends!
- The Social will also have a "Game Night" portion, during which we will be playing Kahoot, Among Us, and more— and we will be giving away $175 worth of Amazon Gift Cards to Game Night winners (only UAS members are eligible to win, but everyone is welcome to play)!
- Here's the Zoom Link: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/81296965708.
The UAS Board can't wait to celebrate Halloween with everyone!
May the best costume win.
The Department of Economics will be hosting a Panel of Women in Economics, which brings together three women within the fields of Data, Finance, and Consulting. Students are invited to come hear about their individual experiences, career paths, and learn more about careers related to Economics.
Please see details attached and RSVP to attend here. The Panel takes place this Thursday, 10/22, from 5 - 6 pm.
UAS is excited to announce that we are holding a Halloween Costume Contest! All current UAS members can participate, and the top 3 costumes will be awarded prizes of up to $250.
- Costumes can be creative, funny, or scary, anything you want (as long as it’s appropriate)!
- Solo, couples, and group costumes will be accepted, but everyone participating must be a UAS member in order to be eligible to win our prizes.
- Costume pictures must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/29 at 11:59 pm. The photo and costume must be from this year— to ensure this, someone must hold up a piece of paper with the title of the costume on it.
The winners will be determined at our Halloween Social, which will take place over Zoom on Friday, 10/30 at 5 pm. Attendees will have the opportunity to vote for the winners. More details about the Social are coming soon!
UAS Board is so excited to see everyone’s costumes!