UCSB Accounting Tutors and Graders (TAG) Program is now accepting applications for winter positions. Here are the qualifications necessary to join the program:
- Must be an Economics and Accounting major
- Minimum Accounting and Overall GPA of 3.2
- Minimum of "B" letter grade in courses ultimately assigned to you if hired
- Completion of Econ 136A and 137A prior to applying (so they must be taken before Fall 2020)
- *Due to current circumstances, seniors may apply for the following quarter if they have at least two quarters remaining
You can apply at https://www.ucsbtutorsandgraders.com/hiring-process.html. The deadline to apply is midnight this Friday (November 27). If you have any questions, please contact Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Eric (email@example.com).
Pension Assurance LLP is a single-service public accounting firm with offices in Los Angeles, CA, and Woodland Hills, CA, dedicated to performing audits of retirement plans. It is one of the largest retirement plan audit practices in California and one of the fastest growing retirement plan audit practices in the country. Pension Assurance LLP is looking for Audit Interns to join their dynamic and high-performing team. Working 100% remotely is an option. It is a year-round, part-time (18-24 hours/week), and paid internship.
- Compiling financial statements
- Audit planning, execution, and reporting procedures
- Audit correspondence and documentation
- Audit testwork
- Firm administrative tasks and practice building
Requirements for an Audit Intern position:
- Must be a current Accounting student and have taken some accounting classes
- Must have at least a 3.2 GPA
- Active membership in student accounting clubs on campus is preferred
If you are interested in joining their rapidly-growing firm, rapidly progress in your public accounting career, and desire to specialize in a niche field of auditing, please submit your resume to Ala Ablozhey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BDO is looking for freshmen and sophomores who have not committed to a firm yet to participate in a focus group and provide the firm with valuable feedback. Students must be willing to engage in discussion and speak with firm professionals.
BDO’s focus group will meet virtually for one hour on this Friday, November 13th. You will be able to attend one of three sessions: 11:00-12:00, 1:00-2:00, or 3:00-4:00. Students will have the opportunity to engage in discussion with the firm and provide them with insight to improve their campus recruiting and outreach. Upon completion of this focus group, students will be compensated with a Starbucks gift card.
This opportunity is an incredible chance to get some insights about BDO and connect with some of their team. With winter recruiting starting in just a few months, this is your best time to begin expanding your network and preparing to apply to various freshmen and Summer Leadership Program (SLP) programs.
The deadline to apply is 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, November 11th. If you are selected, you will be promptly notified by the morning of Thursday, November 12th.
If you have any questions, please email Logan Sy at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from prospective participants!